My Favorite Gluten + Dairy Free Pantry Staples
I write lists like it's my full time freaking job. So if you need a list - come to me. I got you. Now, if only I could find all my lists. Oh, I'll just write another one. That's my life too! AHAHAHHA
If there was a need for you to be in your home for 1-2 weeks..like for an emergency, bad weather, family sickness or you just want to be a hermit for some time....here is what I would stock up on.
1. Bone Broth: I love Bonefide Provisions
2. Canned Coconut Milk + Refrigerated Unsweetened Coconut Milk
3. Tea/Coffee: Four Sigmatic is my jam + I CAN'T live without it.
5. Gluten Free Grains: Quinoa, buckwheat, brown rice, oats + millet are all great options
7. Gluten Free Pasta: All we buy is Tinkyada
8. Dried lentils, beans + rice
9. Cooking oil + fats: the more the better in your pantry
10. Spices, Salt + Pepper: Bland food is never good, under any circumstances
11. Crackers, Chips + Pretzels: Check out Van's Crackers
12. Vitamins/supplements: because well your health is important
13. Sun-dried tomatoes, Salsa, canned tomatoes (like fire roasted, whole + tomato puree)
14. Nut Butters: We love almond, sunflower + peanut butter
15. Raw nuts, dried fruits + trail mix
1. Lemons + Limes. Because cocktails need a garnish, soups need some acid + baking can always use some.
2. Ginger: add to smoothies, juices, soups + stir frys
3. Garlic: because hello, its amazing
4. Yellow + Red Onions + Shallots
5. Potatoes: I can't get enough sweet potatoes
6. Apples (every kind - honeycrisp are my favorite)
7. Bananas. Eat them within a week or watch them brown up for some great bread. Check out this recipe.
8. Squash: Butternut is a good one + lasts for a while on the countertop
Refrigerator + Freezer:
1. Root Vegetables: Carrots, Parsnips, Turnips - great in soups + roasting them adds so much to a meal.
2. Cured meats: They last a long time, great for snacks + lunch
3. Olives: they last a while + are delicious
4. Eggs, Eggs + more Eggs (or egg replacer)
5. Juice, Seltzer, No sugar drinks
6. Frozen Berries: make great smoothies, add to any baked good or chow down on them frozen.
7. Butter (fat): any kind of REAL fat. Butter makes a lot of things better in life.
8. Cheese: a collection is always best
10. Frozen Fish: I know it's not the fresh kind, but in a pinch its great!
11. Frozen vegetables: don't forget something green - we love frozen peas + spinach.
AND holy smokes, those lists got a bit longer than I had thought.
What would you add to this list?